- Proceedings of the ADB-Asian Think Tank Development Forum 2015
The Proceedings of the ADB-Asian Think Tank Development Forum 2015 is now available. This publication documents the dynamic exchange of ideas and information during the 2-day forum held in September 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The forum, with the theme Advancing Innovation and Inclusion for a Prosperous Asia, featured research papers on regional economic outlook, global value chains, regional economic cooperation, transitioning from middle income status, social inclusion, and capacity building for think tanks. The Malaysian Institute of Economic Research co-hosted the forum with the Asian Development Bank.
- 3rd Issue of the ATTN eNewsletter is Now Available
Providing the snapshot of the ADB-Asian Think Tank Development Forum 2015, the third issue of the ATTN eNewsletter is now available. It features the key messages of the presentations and discussions covering regional economic outlook, global value chains, regional economic cooperation, middle income trap, social inclusion, and capacity building for better policy advising by the member think tanks. Read the e-newsletter.
- ADB-Asian Think Tank Development Forum 2015
The 2015 ADB-Asian Think Tank Development Forum 2015 will be held at Pullman Putrajaya Hotel, Putrajaya, Malaysia on 8-9 September 2015. This year’s theme “Advancing Innovation and Inclusion for a Prosperous Asia” deepens knowledge exchange among Asian think tanks about the development issues their countries confront. The Forum will discuss sub-topics on regional economic outlook, global value chains, regional economic cooperation, middle income transition, social inclusion, and building capacities of Asian think tanks. ADB hosts the event this year with the Malaysian Institute for Economic Research. See program.
- Forum Feedback Positive [5 December 2014]
Thirty six members of the ADB-Asian Think Tanks Network attended the 2nd ADB-Asian Think Tank Forum last 20-21 November. They unanimously agreed that the forum achieved its objectives and gave them knowledge relevant to their work, with several saying the discussions were provocative, often touching on unconventional ideas, and effectively enriched by contributions from different countries. Roughly 95% said they would likely pursue linkage with the other think tanks after the forum.
- Korean Vice Minister Supports Country Sharing Of Strategies To Escape The Middle Income Trap [25 November 2014]
Vice Minister Hyung-hwan Joo of Korea’s Ministry of Strategy and Finance, while delivering the keynote address at the ADB-Asian Think Tank Development Forum 2014, highlighted the value of countries exchanging information on their respective strategies to escape the middle income trap and collectively seeking ways to achieve economic innovation and social integration. Read more.
- Partners at Work [24 November 2014]
The Korean Development Institute (KDI) successfully co-hosted the ADB-Asian Think Tank Forum 2014 with ADB, providing excellent technical and logistical support in the design and conduct of the event. Following the strong enthusiasm of all the participating think tanks to continue the ADB–Asian think tanks joint initiative, it was announced that the next forum will be held in Malaysia, with the Malaysian Institute for Economic Research as co-host.
- [10 November 2014] Think Tanks to Explore Innovation and Inclusive Growth in 2nd Development Forum
Development think tanks from 26 countries in the Asia-Pacific region will deliberate on ways to accelerate innovation and inclusive growth at the ADB-Asian Think Tank Development Forum 2014 on 20-21 November in Seoul, Korea. Roughly 32 heads of economic research and development institutes and organizations from East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and the Pacific including New Zealand will participate in the forum. This number is expected to double with the participation of Republic of Korea think tanks.
- [5 November 2014] Development Research at the Forefront of Think Tank Forum Agenda
Twenty researches on various facets of innovation, regional integration, globalization and social protection leading to inclusive growth will be the focus of the forthcoming ADB-Asian Think Tank Development Forum 2014 on 20-21 November 2014 in Seoul, Korea. Preparations by active members of the ADB-Asian Think Tank Network are intensifying, as they plan ways to generate more comprehensive dialogue, discussions, and debate on bringing development knowledge across the region.
- [7 October 2014] Venue for the 2014 AsianThink Tank Forum Chosen The Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, located in Gangnam-gu, Seoul will be the venue of the ADB-Asian Think Tank Development Forum 2014. The centrally-located five-star hotel is popular not only for business but for shopping and dining. It is close to Samseong Subway Station (0.2 km/3 mins walk) and nearby attractions include the COEX Mall (0.5 km/6 min walk), Apgujeong and Cheongdam Shopping Street (2.8 km), Apgujeong Rodeo Street (2.9 km) and Gangnam Subway Station Street (3.2 km).